This Week in Web Tech #8
We post links about design and web tech throughout the week to our Twitter feed. Once a week we roll those links up into a blog post we call This Week in Web Tech.
- From our blog, we talked about how to expose environment variables to static Spine.js apps
- Domvas lets you embed DOM elements into the canvas.
- Twitter released Bower, a "package manager for the web"
- Here are 10 Free Pure CSS UI Kits
- Want to know what's been hot in web standards recently?
- Native CSS variables are coming soon
- How do you know whether or not it's time for a redesign?
- jQuery Fundamentals is a guide to the basics of jQuery
- Some research indicates that sticky menus are really effective
- You've heard of SOLID for programming, but what about SOLID CSS?
- Is it time to design in the browser first and kill Photoshop?
- Here are 12 Codepen.io demos that are mighty impressive
- Thoughts on how to properly drop IE based on jQuery's example
- Web apps that designers should know about
- How to create fluid layouts with HTML5 and CSS3
- How to build Windows 8 Apps with HTML5
- Fresco is a very impressive responsive lightbox
- With so many different devices, you may need to consider big favicons
The other news last week is that we started bringing more people into the beta! If you're on the list, stay tuned to your inbox over the coming weeks. Until next time!